In the State of Florida, under Florida Statutes Section 742.011, any woman who is pregnant or has a child, any man who has reason to believe that he is the father of a child, or any child may bring proceedings in the circuit court, in chancery (Family Court), to determine the paternity of the child when paternity has not been established by law or otherwise. Segarra & Associates can help you file your paternity lawsuit in Miami or Orlando today.

The filing of a paternity lawsuit in Miami or Orlando is necessary in order:

  • For a father to establish a parent/child relationship with a child born out-of-wedlock that is recognized by law;
  • To establish parental responsibility for a child born out-of-wedlock;
  • For a father to obtain the right to exercise a timesharing schedule with a child born out-of-wedlock;
  • To resolve disputes regarding child support.

When establishing the paternity lawsuit in Miami or Orlando of a child, it is important to seek comprehensive legal representation, as there are many things that must be decided upon once paternity is determined, such as timesharing and child support. Whether you are a mother seeking to prove the paternity of your child in order to receive child support, a father who wishes to establish paternity in order to gain the right to partake in timesharing with the child, or a father who wishes to dispute paternity, the legal team at Segarra & Associates, P.A. can assist you.

We are knowledgeable in the requirements for paternity testing, including DNA testing, and will support you throughout the process of establishing a paternity lawsuit in Miami or Orlando. We recognize how important it is to determine who the father of a child is, not only for child support or timesharing purposes, but also for the well being of the child. Studies show that children benefit from consistent and positive relationships with both parents, especially in the case where the parents are separated.

Contact us for a consultation regarding your paternity lawsuit in Miami or Orlando. We are committed to giving your case our full attention and are available now to speak with you. Call us today. (305) 742-5042