Many people mistakenly believe that after a divorce decree is finalized and a Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage is entered, that it cannot be changed. This is simply not true. A party is able to petition the court in order to have a Modification of Final Judgments. There are many ways in which a divorce decree can be changed, including but not limited to:

  • Modification of the parenting plan and time sharing schedule;
  • Child support Modification of Final Judgements
  • Modification of spousal support or alimony.

Although there are many aspects of a Modification of Final Judgments that can be changed, there are some things that cannot be changed. These are typically issues that deal with property, including how marital property was divided during the divorce process.

If you wish to have your divorce decree modified, it is important that you seek the services of an experienced, skilled attorney who is familiar with the laws surrounding divorce decrees and how they can and cannot be changed. An inexperienced attorney may not know how best to petition the court for modifications, therefore decreasing the chances that you will be awarded a modification or that the case will end favorably.

The legal team at Segarra & Associates, P.A. has the legal knowledge and resources needed to give an advantage in your case. We will work hard toward getting you the best result possible.

Contact us for a consultation regarding the modification of Final Judgments . We are committed to giving your case our full attention and are available now to speak with you. Call us today. (305) 742-5042